Eligibility Requirements for VFW Auxiliary Membership:

Members must be citizens of the United States or a United States National,
​and at least 16 years old.

Those eligible are:

  • Husband/Wife

  • Widower/Widow

  • Father/Mother

  • Grandfathers/Grandmothers

  • Sons/Daughters

  • Grandsons/Granddaughters

  • Brothers/Sisters

​Of persons who were or are eligible for membership in
the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States.

Those eligible for membership in the VFW are those that have
received a campaign medal for overseas service; have served
30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever
​received hostile fire or imminent danger pay.
Click here for more information.

​Proof of service (form DD 214) is required for eligibility and must be obtained by the applicant.  If the person you are joining under is already a member of Post 9182 we will have the proof of service required.  Otherwise you will need to provide proof of service.

​If you do not have the required proof of service, information on a veteran’s service record can be obtained by contacting:
National Archives and Records Administration
Phone: 1-866-272-6272


  • Veterans Service Records: Click Here
  • 4-Step Veteran Request Process: Click Here

  • Military Records Request Using Standard Form 180 (SF-180): Click Here

To join the VFW Auxiliary:

  • ​Fill out and save or print the membership form found here:  Click Here
  • Email the form and copy of DD-214, or other proof of service, to Membership Chairman
  • If you are not able to email the forms please send email to  Membership Chairman  and make other arrangements to provide them

Auxiliary Membership Request Form